This vinegar kitchen cleaner not only makes your kitchen smell lovely, but ensures a thorough and natural clean. Antiseptic, antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral ingredients help rid your kitchen of harmful bacteria and germs without the use of harsh synthetics. Best of all, this recipe can be used to clean the bathroom and other surfaces too, making it great value for money. Here are the key benefits of the main ingredients used: White Vinegar
contains a small amount of Acetic Acid, which works to kill and discourage fungus, microbes, and disinfects in general. Lavender
has antiseptic, antibacterial and powerful cleaning qualities. Lavender is also a calming scent, so using it in DIY cleaning recipes creates a relaxing, deodorising smell. Rosemary
has antibacterial, anti fungal, antiseptic and antiviral properties, so it's effective in thoroughly cleaning kitchen surfaces. The rosemary scent is also a great energiser, which is a beneficial smell to have around the home.
DIY Vinegar Kitchen Cleaner
- Add the dry ingredients to the infusion jar.
- Pour in the white vinegar to near the top of the jar.
- Close the lid tightly and give it a bit of a shake.
- Let the dry ingredients infuse in the vinegar for 7-14 days, in a sunny area.
- After this infusion period, strain out the dry ingredients using a fine sieve, and collect the infused vinegar.
- Dilute infused vinegar in a 1:4 ratio. For a light disinfectant spray, combine 1/2 cup of infused vinegar with two cups of distilled water in a separate bowl or jar.
- Pour this diluted mixture into 500ml spray bottle.
- Add the lavender and rosemary essential oils to the mixture, and give a quick shake to combine.
How To Use
Spray and wipe surfaces with the vinegar kitchen cleaner as normal. This spray works well on counter tops, floors, windows, tiles, and sinks. It's also good for getting marks off walls.
Note: Don't use this spray on marble as it will erode the stone. This recipe is also not suitable to clean raw chicken from food prepping surfaces.
Store spray in a cool area out of sunlight.
Recipe and infusion method adapted from Hello Glow
Discover Biome's Naked Beauty BarTM
Looking to simplify, reduce waste and know exactly what you are putting on your skin?
At Biome's Naked Beauty BarTM
, you will find all of the beautiful raw ingredients you need to make your own natural skin care and cleaning products. These ingredients are available in convenient reusable glass jars, and in bulk from all of our stores. Find all our DIY skin care and cleaning recipes here > Find all our DIY skin care ingredients online here >
Share your Naked Beauty BarTM
DIY skin care and cleaning products with us by tagging your photos with #BiomeNakedBeauty on Facebook and Instagram.