Making your own natural dishwasher detergent tablets means never relying on the store-bought stuff again! Ditch the synthetic detergents and wasteful plastic packaging - this DIY doesn't take long to prepare, can be used with any dishwasher, and keeps dishes sparkling clean, naturally. Bi-Carb & Citric Acid
have powerful cleansing powers and create the fizz in your natural dishwasher detergent, lifting gunk and grime off your dishes. Castile Soap
is the best natural soap - with no preservatives, synthetic detergents or foaming agents, Castile relies on saponifying natural oils for its cleaning ability. Eucalyptus & Lemon Essential Oils
will deodorise and disinfect smelly dishes.
Natural Dishwasher Detergent Tablets
- 1/4 cup Bi-carb Soda
- 1/4 cup Citric Acid
- 1/4 cup Tassie Sea Salt
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1/2 tablespoon Dr. Bronner's Pure-Castile Liquid Soap (Unscented)
- 20 drops Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- 15 drops Lemon Essential Oil
- Silicone ice cube mould (or similar)
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour in the castile soap and essential oils, and mix. You should have a dry crumbly mixture that holds together when squeezed. Add a little more castile if needed.
- Pack the natural dishwasher detergent mixture into the mould and leave to dry for 24 hours.
- Once set, remove from the mould and store in an airtight container.
How To Use
Place one natural dishwasher detergent tablet into the dishwasher compartment and start the cycle as normal.
Every week, we suggest putting some apple cider vinegar in the rinse aid compartment. This will help keep your dishwasher clean of grease and grime, and your dishes sparkling!
Tip: Best to make these on a cool day with minimum humidity.
This recipe makes about 8-12 cubes.
Discover Biome's Naked Beauty BarTM
Looking to simplify, reduce waste and know exactly what you are putting on your skin?
At Biome's Naked Beauty BarTM
, you will find all of the beautiful raw ingredients you need to make your own natural skin care and cleaning products. These ingredients are available in convenient reusable glass jars, and in bulk from all of our stores.
Find all our DIY skin care and cleaning recipes here. Find all our DIY skin care ingredients online here >
Share your Naked Beauty BarTM
DIY skin care and cleaning products with us by tagging your photos with #BiomeNakedBeauty on Facebook and Instagram.