- 2 tablespoons dried rose petals (to infuse overnight in your olive oil)
- ¼ cup olive oil (from the pantry)
- ¼ cup shea butter
- 2 tablespoons beeswax (or 1 ½ tablespoons candelilla wax as a vegan alternative)
- 1 tablespoon castor oil or rosehip oil
- ½ teaspoon Australian pink clay
- 8 drops geranium essential oil
- 8 drops lavender essential oil
- 8 drops honey myrtle essential oil
- Place the dried rose petals into the olive oil and let it infuse for a few hours or overnight. Once the dried rose petals have been infused, strain the oil through a garni bag, some muslin or a sieve into a cup and set aside. You may need to squeeze the rose petals to get more of the oil out.
- Combine the rose infused olive oil, shea butter and beeswax (or candelilla wax) into a 240ml or 44oml mason jar (you could also use a glass jug).
- Place the jar (or jug) into a saucepan filled with approximately 5cm of water on medium-low heat until the wax has melted.
- Remove from heat and let it cool slightly.
- Stir in the castor or rosehip oil, the pink clay, and your essential oils, and mix until well combined.
- Carefully pour the mixture into 2 x 120ml glass mason jars. Place the lid on and let it cool. Store out of direct sunlight and use within 6-9 months.
As with all our DIY recipes, you can experiment to suit your preferences. Many factors can change the end result, including temperature, humidity, light, ingredient quality. Some DIYs can be amended by remelting or adding ingredients, but some cannot. Please read the whole recipe before beginning and remember to have fun!
Biome cannot issue a refund if the DIY skin care product, DIY hair care product or DIY body care product you make using our raw DIY ingredients do not perform as you'd hoped. We will, however, offer a refund if the raw DIY ingredient packaging is broken or leaking, or the ingredient itself appears to be ‘off'.
Before using any raw DIY ingredient for the first time, please first research that ingredient's potential benefits as well as safety precautions and possible side effects. Check with your medical professional if you have any concerns.
If you have severe acne, very sensitive skin, or another skin concern or health condition, we recommend seeking medical advice before using any new product on your skin, whether that be a raw ingredient, a DIY product you've made yourself, or commercially formulated product.
Please exercise caution when using essential oils. If you are pregnant or have any kind of health or skin condition, we recommend you speak to your doctor before use. Essential oils are highly concentrated liquids, so use in moderation. Pure essential oils should never be used directly on the skin and should never be ingested. When using an essential oil for the first time, do a skin patch test. Each essential oil is unique and may not be suited to everyone. Please research potential benefits as well as safety precautions before using any essential oil. Some essential oils may interfere with medication. Check with your medical professional if you have any concerns.