Here at Biome, we are dedicated to helping our community live a life with less plastic. We can all reduce the amount of plastic we have in our lives with some simple changes. We offer a wide range of alternatives to products that are made of or packaged in plastic. While we try to recommend only products that are 100% plastic free there are few that have a plastic lid, a small amount of cellophane packaging or contain a recycled plastic component in the product. We believe these small amounts of plastic are outweighed by the usefulness and overall plastic reducing qualities. Why not try introducing one of these plastic free products when a plastic based product comes to the end of its life, or help a new Mum start out plastic free, with a perfect baby shower gift for their new bub.
1. Baltic amber teething necklace Baltic amber has natural anti-inflammatory and pain relieving qualities when worn close to the skin, making it ideal for both boys and girls to wear during teething or when they are unsettled.
2. Sophie the giraffe natural rubber teething toy Sophie is flexible and soft, and is designed to stimulate the senses and soothe teething gums. She is made from flexible, renewable, natural rubber materials & non-toxic paint, and squeaks to delight your baby.
3. Natural rubber soother All natural 100% rubber soother pacifier. This dummy is designed to follow your baby's natural mouth movements and gently touch the nose to closely simulate breast feeding. Free of BPA, phthalate, PVC, lead, nitrosamine and other harmful chemicals. Comes in 3 sizes: 0-6mths, 6-12mths and 12mths+ sizes.
4. Bambooty easy one size (adjustable) nappy Did you know that one baby can use up to 5,000 disposable nappies & each nappy can take 500 years to decompose in landfill? These reusable cloth nappies are made from bamboo which is naturally antifungal & antibacterial. Bamboo is also more sustainable than cotton, as it doesn't require any pesticides or chemicals, and grows faster, therefore reducing your environmental impact. Free from toxic chemicals associated with disposable nappies.
5. Emma owl DINGaRING teething toy These cute teething toys were designed to combine 3 qualities of the most popular toys for infants into one - a rattle, wooden teething ring & soft toy! This toy has no plastic packaging, was designed in Byron Bay, and the teething ring is made of natural wood.
6. Wean Green glass containers Perfect for storing, freezing and reheating your homemade baby foods, yoghurts, sauces, dips, spices and more. These do have a plastic lid (BPA free), however the actual container is glass.
7. Bamboo dribble bib This organic cotton and bamboo dribble bib is so cute, and is perfect for when bub starts teething. It has two easily adjustable press-studs to accommodate all sizes, recommended from 0-3 years.
8. Lifefactory teethers These multi-sensory silicone teethers are soft, lightweight and easy for little fingers to grab onto. They can also be worn as a bracelet so they're always close by. Comes in a 2-pack.
9. Kids Kanteen stainless steel baby bottle These baby bottles are made from 18/8 food-grade stainless steel that doesn't retain flavours, is free of BPA, phthalates, and other toxins. The contoured, hourglass shape is designed for small hands, and the wide mouth allows for easy cleaning, pouring and filling. Approximately 10cm tall (not including nipple) x 7cm wide. 267ml capacity.
10. Organic cotton hooded baby towel Your kids will love this soft & absorbent hooded 100% organic cotton terry cloth bath towel. This playful design makes bath time a fun adventure. Also great for use at the pool after swimming. Makes a great baby shower gift, especially if you're designing your own nappy cake.
11. Lifefactory WeeGo glass baby bottle These toughened glass baby bottles have a protective silicone sleeve, and are free of potentially harmful chemicals found in many plastic bottles. The included silicone teat (3-6mths) is latex-free and non-toxic. Designed to grow with your child, the included clear cover can also serve as an easy to hold cup. We also sell sippy caps and lids, which can extend the life of these bottles even further.
12. Becopotty bamboo potty Such a great idea, this ergonomic baby potty is made from durable, hygienic waste plant material that will last through years of use. The natural plant materials will biodegrade only once the potty is composted or buried.
13. Jellystone silicone teether necklace Another amazing idea, this stylish and functional silicone pendant by Jellystone Designs. It's safe for your baby to chew and play with and will keep you looking good. Another great baby shower idea.